Resident Evil 3 is both a survival horror/third person shooter and gaming franchise, as well as a Hollywood movie, released in Sept 2007, known as Resident Evil: Extinction. The Resident Evil 3 game was released by Capcom in 1999 and is known as Biohazard 3: Last Escape in Japan. This article deals primarily with the video game.
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis
For those unfamiliar with the plot or gameplay of the Resident Evil (RE) franchise they are a series of games in which a player attempts to survive the attacks of zombies. The game offers some role playing elements to go along with a combat and action rich game. The majority of combat occurs indoors, in cramped and dark surroundings which help to add to the sense of suspense and impending doom.
Spoiler: Resident Evil 3 Gameplay Video
Despites its age Resident Evil gameplay is quite good, although graphics are not up to the standards of modern games. Anyone looking for a game to stretch a modern video card needs to look elsewhere, but if you are looking for a good budget game this title is for you. RE 3 has sold over 4 million copies worldwide and is still selling well as a budget game.
The enemy in the video is known as Nemesis and is a type of bio-organic weapon. Without wanting to spoil the game, he is effectively unkillable and usually avoidance is a better policy when engaging him than direct combat.
Resident Evil 3 PC Version
One advantage of playing the Resident Evil 3 PC game is that the graphics are much better than the console versions and if the game is played on a modern PC it really flies along with full detail and high frame rates. This is the game as it was meant to be seen.
The game is mostly played from the perpective of Jill, although there is a short section where the player plays as Carlos. The game offers a number of improvements over earlier versions, both in terms of game moves allowed and weapons to be used, ammo and AI for the enemy Nemesis.
The PC version allows the unlocking of addition weapons and some new outfits for Jill that are unavailable on the console versions of the game. RE3 includes a mini game called “The Mercenaries – Operation: Mad Jackal”. Successful completion of this minigame unlocks five different costumes and several different pieces of game story relevant to the characters as well as the new weapons.
Top Ten Resident Evil 3 Tips
- Reload before entering new rooms.
- Drop ink ribbons into item boxes to save inventory space.
- Don’t waste powerful ammo on low level enemies like worms.
- Save magnum ammo for Nemesis
- If you are outnumbered, run into the nearest room.
- Sounds in a room will tell you what enemies are in there. Zombies groan, Cerebus growl etc.
- Use dodge move and 180 degree turns to get away from enemies and gain an advantage.
- Only combine ammo in large amounts as you will receive more bullets than doing many small loads.
- Don’t use the auto reload feature. Load the guns manually by combining the gun and ammo on the inventory screen page.
- Avoid fighting more enemies than you think you can handle safely. Separate them if possible.
Why Buy Resident Evil 3?
It is true that RE 3 is an old game and the graphics are kind of retro, but the gameplay is as good as many games out there at the moment. If blowing the heads off zombies with a shotgun sounds like fun then this game is definitely for you. Today, the Resident Evil 3 PC game is available very cheaply on budget labels and offers great value.
[avhamazon locale=”US” asin=”B0000524PQ” linktype=”pic-text” picsize=”medium”]